Existing and Planned Measures on the Promotion of Racial Equality
- To strengthen Hong Kong’s status as the leading international business location in Asia, Invest Hong Kong’s key role is to attract and retain foreign direct investment and to promote Hong Kong as a leading international business hub.
By offering one-stop free advice and services to support companies from the planning stage right through to the launch and expansion of their business, we attract and welcome overseas and Mainland companies to establish their presence in Hong Kong.
- Apart from Hong Kong Head office, Invest Hong Kong has representatives in 30 global locations, including 16 investment promotion units based in the Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office (“ETO”) in the Mainland and overseas, the Hong Kong Economic Trade and Cultural Office in Taipei and the Beijing Office, and 14 overseas consultants in key locations not covered by IPUs. We therefore have a diversified racial spectrum of colleagues from all over the world to help deliver our investment promotion work.
- We reach out to potential clients through marketing campaigns, seminars and investment promotion visits to seize the worldwide business opportunities.
- Some of our staff members in Hong Kong Head office can speak different languages such as Japanese, Korean, French, Spanish and German, which facilitate our provision of services to our clients with different racial backgrounds who speak different languages.
- Where appropriate and practicable, Invest Hong Kong will arrange interpretation service.
- Invest Hong Kong provides information leaflets and application forms for the public mainly in Chinese and English, with certain publications in French and Japanese. And our departmental website is in Chinese, English, French and Japanese.
- Invest Hong Kong always welcome people with different racial backgrounds to join our department to work.
Assessment of Future Work
- Meetings and trainings will be conducted when necessary for reviewing with and updating staff members on government policies promoting racial equality together with the feedback and suggestions collected from the public and staff, through which our services can be enhanced to promote racial equality.
Additional Measures Taken/ To Be Taken
- Invest Hong Kong will maintain our existing measures and provide telephone interpretation service or even on-site interpretation service for ethnic minorities on need basis.
Interpretation and Translation Services Arranged from April 2022 to March 2023
- English version
- Bahasa Indonesia version
- Hindi version हिन्दी
- Nepali version नेपाली
- Punjabi version ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
- Tagalog version
- Thai version ไทย
- Urdu version اردو
- Vietnamese version Tiếng Việt
For enquiries concerning the existing and planned measures on the promotion of racial equality, please contact Ms. WOO Wai-man, Priscilla (Executive Officer (Admin)1) via the following channels:
Telephone no.: 3107 1075
Fax no.: 3107 9008
Postal Address: 23/F-25/F, Fairmont House, 8 Cotton Tree Drive, Central, Hong Kong
Invest Hong Kong