Tecnologia dell'Informazione e delle Comunicazioni
As a leading financial centre, logistics hub and retail destination, Hong Kong’s Information and Communications Technology (ICT) market has a key role in supporting the city’s major industries. With IP and data protection enforced, Hong Kong provides an excellent base for internet-based businesses to flourish. With the recently launched 5G network in the city and the establishment of the China Mobile 5G Innovation Center Open Lab, the HKSAR Government is adopting a multi-pronged approach in facilitating the development and of the 5G network. Hong Kong is well poised for the commercial promotions and applications of 5G services.
Watch out for our development in the following areas:
- Data Centres – Many high-end regional data centres are established in Hong Kong thanks to the city’s sophisticated high-tech infrastructure, tech professionals, reliable power supply, and robust enforcement of data privacy and security. Companies from different industries outsource their data storage and management, creating opportunities for data centre operators.
- Big Data & Analytics – The city has long been positioned as a data hub for its pillar industries including finance, logistics, trade and retail. The Government has opened up government data for public use with a dedicated data portal while the Hong Kong Hospital Authority launched HA Data Collaboration Laboratory (HADCL) and is open for applications by local academic institutions to conduct health data collaboration projects.
- Cloud Technology – Hong Kong is a leading hub for cloud technology and acts as a launchpad for expansion into Mainland China and international markets. The city enjoys high demand for cloud-based services, especially from the finance and manufacturing industries. Further demand has been driven by the Government’s proposal to deliver e-services and information via cloud computing.
- Software & Services – The industry is a key component of Hong Kong’s ICT sector and experiences strong demand from SMEs and multinationals. Many of the world’s leading software services companies base their regional operations in the city to mirror their client’s preferences. Hong Kong’s rigorous protection of intellectual property and tech-savvy consumers provide companies with the perfect testbed for Mainland China.
- Telecommunications – Hong Kong’s telecommunications market has been liberalised and there are no restrictions on foreign ownership or limits to the number of market operators. Advanced infrastructure and a high take-up of services has placed Hong Kong at the forefront of telecommunications.