Hong Kong company incorporation
Once you have decided to incorporate a limited company and chosen a company name, you can apply for incorporation with the Hong Kong Companies Registry (“CR”).
One stop company incorporation and business registration
To simplify the process of setting up a limited company, any application for company incorporation includes a simultaneous application for business registration.
How to apply
You may submit applications for incorporation of local companies online at the 24-hour portal e-Registry or deliver the documents in hard copy form to the CR with the correct fees:
- Incorporation Form (Form NNC1 for company limited by shares)
- A copy of the company’s Articles of Association
- A Notice to Business Registration Office (IRBR1)
The fees for incorporating a company limited by shares are:
- Company Registration fee – HK$1,720 (If unsuccessful, an application for a refund of HK$1,425 may be made)
- Business registration fee – HK$2,000 for a one-year certificate; HK$5,200 for a three-year certificate
- Levy to the Protection of Wages on Insolvency Fund – HK$250 for a one-year certificate; HK$750 for a three-year certificate
Online applications for company incorporation and business registration can normally be processed within one hour. If you deliver your application in hard copy form, the Certificate of Incorporation and Business Registration Certificate will normally be issued within four working days.
InvestHK can provide valuable practical support and advice to help you incorporate your company in Hong Kong. Get in touch with us to find out more.